Monday, February 03, 2014

Really quick post



We had a very lovely Superbowl party, complete with football cake.  If only the game had lived up to the loveliness of our party.  I almost can't enjoy myself when one team gets so thoroughly whooped. 

Ry made me laugh today.  I love it when my large vocabulary pops out of his mouth.  Today, he kept asking me if he was "asponsible."  I would explain what responsible means.  Then he would tell me why being responsible means you get to eat marshmallows at dinner.  I tried to explain that was directly opposite the meaning of responsible.  He wasn't buying it.  If he was going to take charge of his shoes, feeding the cat, and not dumping water on his brother, then he expected a fluffy, sugary reward for his efforts.

I felt icky today, so less effort.  However, as I stumbled through the day, I figured out which of my tasks have become important to me.  (The Calorie one is a cheat, though. I had no appetite, so I lucked into that one - I still hate dieting.)  Also, I noticed that my children are beginning to anticipate the clean-up and bedtime routines.  Success!

Daily Reporting Table
Task
Completed!
Partially Complete
Not completed

Physical/Emotional Goals
2 ½ cups vegetables

X

Caloric intake < 1500/day
X


300 min/week moderate exercise

X

Sleep 8 hours per day

X

Complete a brain exercise daily
X


Clean hands per CDC guidelines

X


Professional Goals
8 hours focused work daily
X


Arrive at work before 8:30 am
X


Wear make-up and fashionable clothes
X


Leave work at work
X



Spiritual Goals
Read scriptures 10 minutes per day
X


Pray on my knees twice daily

X

Meditate 10 minutes daily
X



Parenting Goals
Absolutely no harsh treatment
X


If I say it, I have to do it immediately
X


Family meals (No TV, sitting at table)

X

One-on-one listening time



Limit screen time to 2 hrs or less


X
Read for 20 minutes daily
X


In their own beds by 8:30 pm
X



Home/Finance Goals
Stick to a strict budget


X
Clutter-free home
X



Social Goals
Listen more than I talk

X

Speak only positive ideas
X


Call someone on the phone
X



Score: 18.5/25 = 74%

No comments: