Tuesday, May 07, 2013

My first summer as a full-time mommy!

Yeah, I'm scared, too.  In order to try and avoid ruining all the good work daycare has done with my polite, socially appropriate, and mentally capable children, I decided to take to planning.  As my little dietitian heart got to warming to the idea of meal plans, I realized that this was exactly the kind of overshare that is so popular on the Internet!  So, here is our plan for this week.  The meal part is quite the work of art well-balanced in all the appropriate nutrients.  The educational/activity part is a work in progress. I make no guarantee this waste of Internet space will become a weekly column:


 
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Breakfast
 
 
Cereal
Oven pancake
Fresh Fruit
Cereal
Juice
Pancakes
Fresh Fruit
Cereal
Juice
Snack
 
 
Teddy Grahams
MG Crax w/ hummus
Yogurt w/ blueberries
Fruit pops
(if needed)
MG Crax
Cheese
Lunch
 
 
Leftovers
Twice Baked
Leftovers
Flatbread pizza
OUT
Snack
 
 
Grocery Choice
Goldfish
Dried fruit
Animal Cookies
Rice Cakes w/ peanut butter
Goldfish
Fruit leather
Dinner
 
 
Cheese Sandwich w/ apples & Nutella
(T's choice)
Spaghetti w/ meatballs
Ramen w/ peas
(R's choice)
OUT
OUT
Activities
Church Day
Grocery Day
 
Library Day
 
Friend Day
 
 
Activity Day at Jump Zone
 
Work Day
Date Night
Family Day
 

Note: MG = Multigrain in dietitian lingo.  Aren't we cool?!

(And, yes, we eat out a lot.  My husband is naturally skinny and refuses to care about his heart and I'm too lazy to cook if he's offering to pay someone to do it.)

No comments: