Friday, February 07, 2014

My new mantra...on being positive

Our world is like a boomerang. If we throw anger, anger comes back; if we throw love, love comes back. If we throw negativity, negativity comes back; if we throw positivity, positivity comes back.
 
I resolve to throw happy boomerangs.  Right now, I'm getting a happy boomerang. Jimmy Fallon rocks (and I only feel a little guilty for enjoying him so much just 1 day after losing Leno).
 
 
Daily Reporting Table
Task
Completed!
Partially Complete
Not completed

Physical/Emotional Goals
2 ½ cups vegetables


X
Caloric intake < 1500/day
X


300 min/week moderate exercise
X


Sleep 8 hours per day
X


Complete a brain exercise daily
X


Clean hands per CDC guidelines
X



Professional Goals
8 hours focused work daily
X


Arrive at work before 8:30 am
X


Wear make-up and fashionable clothes
X


Leave work at work

X


Spiritual Goals
Read scriptures 10 minutes per day


X
Pray on my knees twice daily

X

Meditate 10 minutes daily


X

Parenting Goals
Absolutely no harsh treatment
X


If I say it, I have to do it immediately
X


Family meals (No TV, sitting at table)

X

One-on-one listening time
X


Limit screen time to 2 hrs or less
X


Read for 20 minutes daily


X
In their own beds by 8:30 pm


X

Home/Finance Goals
Stick to a strict budget
X


Clutter-free home
X



Social Goals
Listen more than I talk
X


Speak only positive ideas
X


Call someone on the phone


X

Score: 17.5/25 = 70%  Not my best day – good thing it’s the weekend.  I will do better come Monday (day 28 if you’re tracking)

Bedtime fell apart when Dave called with some distressing news about his dad.  He needed me, so I plopped the boys in my bed with a movie.  The time with him pre-empted all my usual night-time routines, so I now fall into bed grateful for what I did accomplish and for the time we've had with our parents.  I wish I could make them magically 40-years-old forever.  Alas, it's not possible, but what wonderful experiences they have given us along the way (and we hope that Dave's dad still has many years left with us). 

No comments: