Thursday, February 06, 2014

I no longer want to physically or metaphysically hurt anyone...

I'm still irritated but trash cans are safe.  My adorable children are in bed.  My husband will be home a day earlier than we feared (mostly because we forgot that today is Thursday and not Friday) and I was able to help out my parents (a real feat as they insist on being the servers and never the served).  But most of all...

I. Love. Snow.

Tonight, the world is blanketed in white snow as I watch Jay Leno say a final goodbye.  I have but one regret tonight - that I didn't take Dave to see Leno last summer.  Somehow, I think I thought he would always be there.

Anyway, thanks Jay.  You've made me laugh consistently. Your final goodbyes were sweet and heartwarming.  You are a rare breed.  I will miss you.

Welcome, Jimmy.  This skit made me laugh so loud I woke my baby.  I hold you responsible for that difficult night (but it was so worth it). 

As for my rants, well, I'm sorry if I upset anyone.  I have a difficult time separating the philosophical from the personal.  To me, healthcare arguments are about sick children, not economic policy.  I won't ever be able to forget the faces of suffering families, so please stop expecting me to do so.

My night was busy but it felt good to be useful.  I got some time with my sweet little niece.  I've lost some of my aunt-power since I became such a mediocre mom. Tonight, I felt like I had a little of my mojo back as she and I giggled our way around town. She is such a sweet, lovely little person - so full of the unique and quirky.  I love her big sister, too, but she was busy with swimming lessons.

Have I mentioned I have the best kids in the nation? I love those boys.  Wish I could give them a sister (truth be told, I'm probably grumpy this week more because of fertility issues than any of the aforementioned issues).  Yet I'm endlessly grateful for the sweet boys that make me smile every day.

Now, on to my successes.



Daily Reporting Table
Task
Completed!
Partially Complete
Not completed

Physical/Emotional Goals
2 ½ cups vegetables
X


Caloric intake < 1500/day
X


300 min/week moderate exercise
X


Sleep 8 hours per day
X


Complete a brain exercise daily
X


Clean hands per CDC guidelines

X


Professional Goals
8 hours focused work daily
X


Arrive at work before 8:30 am
X


Wear make-up and fashionable clothes
X


Leave work at work
X



Spiritual Goals
Read scriptures 10 minutes per day
X


Pray on my knees twice daily

X

Meditate 10 minutes daily

X


Parenting Goals
Absolutely no harsh treatment
X


If I say it, I have to do it immediately
X


Family meals (No TV, sitting at table)
X


One-on-one listening time
X


Limit screen time to 2 hrs or less
X


Read for 20 minutes daily
X


In their own beds by 8:30 pm
X



Home/Finance Goals
Stick to a strict budget
X


Clutter-free home
X



Social Goals
Listen more than I talk

X

Speak only positive ideas

X

Call someone on the phone
X*


*I am counting serving my parents for this one today.

Score: 22.5/25 = 90%

Please not that there is not a single task in the not completed column!

No comments: