Friday, January 17, 2014

Transformation Day 3 + some yummy recipes

Oh delish! I made the best edamame hummus today for lunch!

For 1 serving:
In a food processor, blend the following until smooth:
3/4 cup shelled edamame
1/4 cup non-fat vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 squeeze (not a Superman squeeze, just a gentle one) lemon
salt and pepper to taste
(224 Calories, 17 g Protein, 10 g fat )

So yum yum yum! I used it as a dip for fresh vegetables (peppers, carrots) at lunch and was quite satisfied. 

Before I forget, I'm also experimenting with cocoa powder.  I miss chocolate whenever I'm trying to reduce Calories, so I needed a chocolate fix.  here is my favorite smoothie:

8 ounces Almond milk
1/2 banana
1 peeled and cored apple OR 1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup raw spinach
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt OR 1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp protein powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder.
1 cup ice
(240 Calories, 14 g Protein, 10 g Fat)

Blend well in a powerful blender (so there are no chunks) and it tastes like a healthy milkshake without the sugar rush.

Now on to the main event!

Finally, a good day! I must say that I feel fairly proud of myself for everything I completed. I really only had a few epic fails. Even my hardest item (not yelling at my children) was at least partially achieved (just a bad moment when my son poured cheese crackers down the stairs).

So far, my favorite goals that have brought the most immediate benefit are the spiritual goals.  I rose from my meditation tonight feeling so at peace. I can't believe I ever fell out of such a lovely habit.



Task
Completed!
Partially Complete
Not completed

Physical/Emotional Goals
2 ½ cups vegetables
X


Caloric intake < 1500/day
X


300 min/week moderate exercise

X

Sleep 8 hours per day


X
Complete a brain exercise daily
X


Clean hands per CDC guidelines

X


Professional Goals
8 hours focused work daily

X

Arrive at work before 8:30 am


X
Wear make-up and fashionable clothes
X


Leave work at work


X

Spiritual Goals
Read scriptures 10 minutes per day
X


Pray on my knees twice daily
X


Meditate 10 minutes daily
X



Parenting Goals
Absolutely no harsh treatment

X

If I say it, I have to do it immediately
X


Family meals (No TV, sitting at table)
X


One-on-one listening time

X

Limit screen time to 2 hrs or less


X
Read for 20 minutes daily
X


In their own beds by 8:30 pm
X



Home/Finance Goals
Stick to a strict budget
X


Clutter-free home
X



Social Goals
Listen more than I talk

X

Speak only positive ideas

X

Call someone on the phone
X


 
Today's score:  60% completed (88% if we give partial credit)

No comments: