Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 9 Transformation

After the seriousness of yesterday, I think it's time for a little cute/funny.

Ry has made repeated statements this week about "not wanting to grow up." He told me the other day, "I don't want to be big because I always want to have a mama."

I tried to explain to him that growing up happens to everyone and that no matter how big he gets, he will always have a mama.  He was not pacified.

Next, I tried to talk to him about how fun it will be to be grown.  I told him about driving cars, getting married, having children, and earning money. However, everything I've tried has led to more insistence that he does not want to be grown up.

Finally, I asked him why he was so upset.  He replied, "Because when I get big and move out, you will die!" 

I assured him I won't die immediately.  He shook his head, "No, when I get to be a big boy and move out, you will die like in Frozen!"

I cursed Disney a little for its predilection for orphans.  However, his insistence has me doubting the whole grow up thing.  I wasn't planning a sea voyage, but suddenly it seems inevitable.

Anyway, I gave my boy lots of hugs and reassured him that today we don't need to think about growing up or mama dying.  Today, we just need to be happy.

The Transformation

I spoke at a Relief Society Enrichment meeting last night, which led to very little time to complete daily tasks.  I think I'm trying to hit rock bottom so the only direction is up!  (I think when I get up, I'll finally upload some of the video logs.  Maybe that's the real problem - my tech-phobia is forcing me to fail in order to avoid USB cables and upload boxes.)



Daily Reporting Table
Task
Completed!
Partially Complete
Not completed

Physical/Emotional Goals
2 ½ cups vegetables
X


Caloric intake < 1500/day
X


300 min/week moderate exercise

X

Sleep 8 hours per day

X

Complete a brain exercise daily


X
Clean hands per CDC guidelines

X


Professional Goals
8 hours focused work daily

X

Arrive at work before 8:30 am


X
Wear make-up and fashionable clothes

X

Leave work at work


X

Spiritual Goals
Read scriptures 10 minutes per day


X
Pray on my knees twice daily


X
Meditate 10 minutes daily
X



Parenting Goals
Absolutely no harsh treatment


X
If I say it, I have to do it immediately
X


Family meals (No TV, sitting at table)


X
One-on-one listening time
X


Limit screen time to 2 hrs or less
X


Read for 20 minutes daily

X

In their own beds by 8:30 pm

X


Home/Finance Goals
Stick to a strict budget


X
Clutter-free home
X



Social Goals
Listen more than I talk


X
Speak only positive ideas

X

Call someone on the phone


X

Score: 11/25 = 44%

No comments: