Friday, January 10, 2014

Inconsistent blogger returns

I have an announcement.  Starting next week, I am going to embark in a really crazy experiment to live my life according to 25 "expert" recommendations for 40 days.  I haven't finalized the list yet, but my comprehensive list contains recommendations on diet, exercise, reading, mental acuity, financial fitness, child management, and health practices.  I've spent a month culling every type of expert scholarship I could imagine to create my list.  Now I need to choose the top 25.

My objective is to see if it's really possible to live according to the bombardment of recommendations we get every day.  I found myself tuning out every "experts suggest" statement on the news because I was feeling so overwhelmed by the amount of advice we are constantly given in our media-laden culture.  I felt very justified since I was "doing my best" until I realized that I was actually justifying a very lazy existence.  As a result, I've decided to spend 40 days being perfect at 25 things.

I want to post video logs of my progress, but we'll see if my lack of tech-savvy upsets that dream.  It does sound arduous to record, edit and upload videos every day, but maybe I could add "learn to be pro-tech stuff" to my list of goals for the year.

I will post my list soon and launch next week.  I have become excited about this project, so I hope that it is as fun, challenging and life-changing as I intend it to be!

Here is the BIG task list.  I'm currently working on paring it down per the tasks I think would most benefit my life.

No comments: