Saturday, October 15, 2005

Worth Coming In Early on a Saturday

I spent the day with my favorite philosopher. He's wise. He's funny. He's currently crashed on my couch after a mad descent from a sugar high induced from making s'mores over the open flame of my gas stove. Oh, did I mention he's my 4-year-old nephew?

So, while you're all over at Cate's this weekend enjoying some 21 Things, I thought I'd provide some highlights from a day with my true love.


GG on Self-Esteem
Everybody loves me. Except Madison. But that's because she's not nice. All nice people love me.

GG on Feminism
Me: Why isn't Wonder Woman in many scenes of The Justice League?
GG: I guess she's too busy saving people to make movies.

GG on Fairness
Tails you lose. Now I get to pick the toy and you get to buy it.

GG on Medical Science
I'm sick and so my eyes are tired. I probably swallowed a flea.

GG on Scienc Fiction
GG: Are aliens real?
Me: We don't know one way or the other, hon.
GG: Well, that settles it. There is life on other planets.

GG on my impending spinsterhood.
Being outside is fun. It's a lot more funner than a cat.


I just adore that kid. I'm his "best aunt in America." Not that he has foreign relatives, but he's not one to close his options. Now, off to Cate's with you all!

--------------------------------

Time out for a meme! I got pegged by 'ka, so here's the results!

7 things I can do:

1) Write. 2) Make friends with children and dogs. 3) Find humor in the mundane. 4) Love wholeheartedly and unashamedly. 5) Face harsh realities. Even Fear Factor: The Home Edition. 6) Kick ass at SceneIt! 7) Change.

7 things I cannot do:

1) Anything cool or hip. This includes race car driving, burping, plastic surgery, casual sex, smoking, and everything else featured on television. 2) Ignore an email. 3) Give up without a fight. 4) Ignore poverty. 5) Stay angry beyond a moment. 6) Hate. 7) Diet. What’s the point? It’d only change the clothing size.

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex (excerpt from my 21 Things I Want in a Lover list):

1) Delights in intellect but not in being right. 2) Engages childhood in all its incarnations. 3) Wisely refrains from reminding me not to swear. 4) Turns off the game when it matters. 5) Thinks about things. Then talks about them. 6) Laughs. 7) Vacuums.


7 things that I say most often:

1) “I loves ya babe!” 2) “Freakin’ hilarious!” 3) “I need chocolate.” 4) “I’m here if you need me.” 5) “Not my problem.” 6) “I’m sorry.” 7) “Screw the monkeys! I want some muffins!”


7 celebrity crushes:

1) Orlando Bloom 2) Colin Firth 3) James Marsters 4) James Spader 5) Catherine Zeta-Jones 6) Antonio Banderas 7) Eduardo Versagui

7 things I plan to do before I die:

1) See an opera in Florence; 2) Invent Calorie-free yet palatable cheese and chocolate; 3) Drive a race car at top speed; 4) Solve world hunger; 5) Convince everyone that non-imaginary violence is stupid; 6) Create a TV show in Britain; 7) Have a big dinner with all my friends and family where everyone is laughing and talking so that I can sit back and just feel all the incredible energy available in that one place.

7 people I want to do this:

1) Cate because I love to curse her with memes. 2) Anyone else in Blogland who feels the desire. 3) My nephew once he learns to write. 4) That crazy lady at the train station. 5) Reese Witherspoon. 6) Wonder Woman. 7) Zeus

12 comments:

ScroobiousScrivener said...

"All nice people love me." I'm borrowing that.

Johnny Menace said...

does GG take request and does he plan to over take the fortune cookie buisness with his sayings?

Bill C said...

I totally share his views on sci-fi. Cool!

But I'm really interested in some backstory on the sick + tired eyes = swallowed-flea equation. Or maybe the second part was unrelated?

And I got nothing this time for Word Verification Scrabble. I need vowels!

Lia said...

Awwww! Four year olds are very insightful. I don't get the what outdoors and cats have to do with spinsterhood, but I like his understanding of Wonder Woman's priorities. And self esteem. I wish I had that kind of security.

glo said...

He's such a dear! It's his strange jumps of logic that fascinate me. He's well on his way to being Monster Genius, but right now, he's just 4 and logic is just budding in his mind. I love, love, love this kid!

But now that JM mentions it....we could make some serious cash in fortune cookies....

The Bluths said...

You should play scene it with my husband and I, we'll kick your trash! (In a nice way).

Why are the word verifications long some days and super short other days? I guess we'll never know.

omar said...

You had me at Catherine Zeta-Jones. Or Zeta-Jones-Phillips, as I like to call her.

Also, I agree with Scroob. I might be borrowing that line.

Sarah Cate said...

Curses! Another meme! BLARGH!

glo said...

To the Bluths: Bring it. I pride myself on destroying such fantasies as beating me at that game.

Omar - you're welcome. She's hot.

Cate - ha, ha.

PDgirl said...

i like the new background. you're so creative! i'm so impressed!

glo said...

Thanks! Alas, not so much me being creative. I just have incredible Blogbuddies. Lianne is responsible for the redesign. I just gave the go-ahead and some basic ideas, such as "different, y'know...pretty, with cool stuff on it." She went from there.

Eric said...

I can't wait to read Reese Witherspoon's.