Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Modifications on a Meme


7 Things I Did On Blog Vacation

- Got promoted. Got more money.
- Thanks to the Homeland Security Act, LAX got to see my underwear.

- Mom became the star in a major Branson production!
- 3 shirts and a jacket at GAP for $50!
- Cate stole my Toxic Type guitar playing future cause of self-destruction by being the talented, seductive vixen that she is.
- I learned that throwing things at men will inspire them to bake for you.
- Lianne, Lianne, Lianne. How cool is she?! Even cooler than I thought.

7 Things I Did Not Do On Blog Vacation

- Catch up on my sleep.
- Say no to the Wall of Chocolate at PF Changs.
- Get on stage with Ray Stevens. (But we had a moment.)


- Feel comfortable cheering for the south at the Dixie Stampede.
- Pick up a guy in Utah. Ez eem-poh-see-blay. *harrumph*
- Maintain my weight. Southern fried food sticks to the thighs.
- Redesign the blog. Lianne did that.

7 Things I Hope To Accomplish Post-Vacation

- Give usual silly effort.
- Stand a little firmer in who I am regardless of consequence.
- Be more available.
- More art! More words! More creativity!
- Blog Template Perfection!
- Drink more water and exercise a lot.
- My laundry

So, welcome back to me. It was an amazing, amazing vacation.

21 comments:

glo said...

Erm...i apologize for word verification, but I've become beloved of spammers. I will turn it off in a few days.

Nadia said...

Oh my Glo! You've been deeply missed. It'll take a while to get used to, but am loving the new layout. I'm glad you enjoyed your blog vacation. Can't wait for you to get back to your regular silly efforts! :)

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Oooooh! Purty!

And big yay on the promotion! Fantabuloso. Also, I've just had to do the same darn word thing - hate it, but am sick of every post coming with free instant spam.

Bill C said...

If your experience is anything like typical and/or contagious, I'm signing up for a blog holiday.

Only, do I have to hit LAX to get my underwear seen? Or might that happen anywhere?

And no problem with the word verification. Considering how I spell (before re-read&fix) it's like an extension to my comment.

omar said...

I've been a man my whole life. I've never been inspired to bake something for someone who threw something at me.

The great wall of chocolate. Mmmmm. 1800 calories of goodness. So I've heard.

Sarah Cate said...

I see you failed to mention a key ingredient of your vacation. Namely - making Cate sing wherever you took her.

MEP said...

Welcome back Glo and congratulations on the promotion! Too bad I don't live in Springfield, MO anymore or I could jet down to Branson and see your mom. :)

glo said...

Thanks y'all! Good to see you again.

I'm still adjusting to the new digs myself....struggling with color choices as you saw in the post...but I like it. It's more representative of me and this odd slice of the Internet.

And I think you can flash anyone anywhere, RaJ....or am I misinterpreting the constitution again?...

Anonymous said...

I'd comment in reply to some things mentioned here, but my lawyer (once again) forbids it. Which is just as well, I figure. Welcome back, Glo! Hey, by the way, is it too late to make a blog god acceptance speech? -I just didn't see any point while you were on vacation, I mean, without Glo, there IS no point, right? Anywho, back to my cave. Bye for now!

glo said...

Acceptance speeches welcome anytime...I live in a temporal nexus where the clock determines very little of my experience of things.

The Bluths said...

It took me awhile to see where to post a comment, but I found it. The end.

glo said...

Glad you made it....still playing with the template.

Eric said...

Since nobody else is going to ask: "Can we see your underwear also?"

glo said...

Sure...just call LAX and ask for the security feed. You may be able to find it online. I was doing a really good impression of a VS model that day.

A said...

Welcome back! Congratulations on the promotion :)

J Incarnate said...

AHH! EVERYONE IS CHANGING! I'm so confused!

glo said...

I've always been all about the change. It's good for the soul, IMO. Actually, it's the food of the soul. If we don't face our troubles and change, well, we die inside.

And that's the take home message ;)

Syar said...

tis puh-reety, your new template is. So glad your back glo, i was almost moved to tears when I saw you comment on my blog. never leave again!!!

props to lianne for awesome template.

glo said...

*sniffle* You guys are great. 1st day back and nearly everyone has checked in! And to think I thought this would be the death of my blog...thanks, y'all!

Okay. Off to write the naked in LAX story. As it is in hot demand.

Anonymous said...

welcome back!!!!... and wow! a layout change... 'n it's very nice!!! :)

jazz said...

to do: throw things at men immediately.